In my previous posts, I shared some fun and strange space-related facts E.g: Mind-blowing planet Mars facts & Interesting facts about the Asteroid Belt. And today, I’m going to list some amazing facts about science and technology. Enjoy reading these cool and informative facts…
This short video shows some amazing facts about science and technology. Also, this five minutes video has beautiful graphics/images. Go ahead and enjoy watching it!
Amazing facts about science and technology
(i) Science facts
- Your body contains enough Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) to stretch from Earth to Sun and back! The average length of DNA is about 2 inches. On average human body contains more than 30 trillion cells. There are 46 DNA molecules in a cell. So 46*2*30 Trillion =…
- An average person in his lifetime walks the equivalent of 3-5 times around the world! On average a person who lives for 80 years walks around 110,000 miles in his lifetime while the circumference of the earth is approximately 24,900 miles.
- In normal circumstances, your individual blood cell takes almost one minute to complete a cycle in your body. If you are running or doing some hard work then your heart will pump faster as a result rate of blood flow will increase.
- Babies have nearly 300 bones made up of cartilage. As the baby grows, these bones fuse with age.
- If you remove all the empty space between all the atoms of earth, The earth could be a lot smaller may be equal to a size of a grain. According to a research, 99.999999 percent of an atom is empty space. If you remove all the space between an atom the rest size would be 0.00….01.
- The acid in your stomach can dissolve a metal! It can even dissolve a razor blade.
- Some metals explode when reacts with water. These are Sodium (Na), Potassium (K), Rubidium (Rb), Caesium (Cs) and Francium (Fr). That’s the reason they are not easily available.
- A teaspoon of neutron star would weigh about 10 million tons. Neutron stars are very very dense.
- Pluto is slightly larger than Russia in terms of surface area. After Pluto was discovered it was thought to be slightly smaller then Russia but a new research showed the vice versa.
- All oranges are not orange. Many oranges are green in color even when completely ripe. They are artificially colored because customers want their orange to be orange (in terms of color).
- There are some planets that are without the sun! They are also called runway planets.
- Venus is the hottest planet in our solar system. Even though Mercury is closest to Sun but Venus is hotter than it due to its unusual atmosphere.
- 99% of our solar system’s mass is the sun.
- Earth receives more energy from the sun in an hour then we use in a year from fossils etc.
- The saliva in your mouth contains Opiorphin. Opiorphin is a painkiller more powerful than morphine.
- Octopus has three hearts. One for the purpose of circulation. The other two for the purpose of pumping.
- In about one in every 2K- 3K babies are born with teeth.
- Your body contains almost the equal number of bacteria and your cells.
- Light takes 8 minutes and 11 seconds to reach earth from the sun.
- A Mollusc, known as the world’s oldest creature, was 507 years old. But scientists accidentally killed it!
- Earth rotates at about 1000 miles per hour around its axis. But we can’t feel it because we all are also moving with it.
You may also like :
(ii) Technology facts
- The cheapest microscope costs 50 cents to $1 with the magnification power of 140X. Yes, you read it right 140X magnifying power for ~50 cents. This microscope is made of paper and other cheap materials. It is called “Foldscope”.
- If you wish to have your picture captured by the worlds first camera then you will need to stay still for 8 hours.
- China is the owner of world’s fastest supercomputer. It was created in response to US supercomputer in 2016. Chinese supercomputer outperformed US supercomputer.
- Doug Engelbart created the world’s first PC mouse. He made it with wood.
- Right now Apple is the most valuable company in the world. It worth $800-$900 billion.
- Seven people can restart the internet. These seven people have a key and if they decide to use it from a secure location, they can restart the internet.
- World’s very first domain name was Symbolic.com.
- The average age of a gamer in the US is 30 years.
- About 3.2 billion people use the internet. Which is less than the half number of humans on earth.
- Microsoft CEO, Bill Gates is a college dropout.
- Bill Gates home was designed with a Macintosh computer (Apple’s product not Microsoft’s).
You May Also Like :
I hope you enjoyed reading amazing facts about science and technology. Also, If you like these amazing science and technology facts please share it with others.