Science is one of the fascinating things to learn. Scientists don’t know what 96% of the universe made of that means you’ve got much more to learn about science each day. Scientists discover many new species each month. Below are 50 basic science facts for kids & students you may enjoy reading!
Basic Science Facts
- In normal circumstances, your individual blood cell takes almost one minute to complete a cycle in your body! (Age is a factor that can affect the time to complete a cycle!)
- Most adults have 32 teeth.
- Red blood cells are produced in the bone marrow!
- Haemoglobin is used to transport oxygen in your body and it is found in red blood cells.
- It takes approximately seven days for bone marrow to produce red blood cells.
- According to an estimate, there are almost 8.7 Million species in the world.
- On average, a person blinks 15-20 times in a minute.
- Water covers almost 70 percent of the earth’s surface.
- Sound can only travel from a medium e.g:- Solids, Air. It can’t travel from the vacuum. Also, that’s the reason why there is no sound in space.
- Nearly 97% of the water on earth is unusable (oceans water is salty and unusable) and two percent is in glaciers/ice form. Remaining 1% is used for drinking purposes.
- The population of earth is nearly 7.44 Billion!
- Scientists don’t know what 96% of the universe made of!
- Since the human came on earth, more than 80% of the earth’s forests are cleared.
- Einstein’s brain was saved for studies after his death on 18 April 1855.
- The Eiffel Tower increases in size in summer by almost 17 centimeters. The iron in summer expands due to heat.
- Quark is believed to be the smallest particle of matter. Atom, electrons, protons, and neutrons are no longer considered as the smallest particles.
- There are 206 bones in adults.
- Sound travels 4.3 times faster in water than in air.
You May Also Like:
Basic Science Facts For Kids
- Kids learn something way faster than the adults. The reasons include curiosity, less stress etc.
- An average four years old kids ask 100-400 questions each day.
- As of today, there are 115 elements known to man. Their atomic numbers are 1-112 then 114,116 and 118.
- Blue whale is the largest animal on earth.
- The elephant is the largest land animal on the earth.
- Humans can live with only one kidney. Some people are born with only one kidney and some people donate one of their kidneys to others.
- If you intake more energy (food) than you need, your body will store that energy in the form of protein, fats, and sugar.
- The strongest bone in the human body is thighbone.
- Your tongue is one of the strongest muscle in your body.
- Sperm whales are known as the loudest sound producing animal on earth.
- The loudness of sound is measured in Decibels (DB). While the frequency of sound is measured in Hertz (Hz).
- Thighbone is the largest bone in the human body. Its head fits into hip socket and its bottom connects to the knee.
- The smallest bone in your body is stapes. It is found in your middle ear.
- Approximately 36.7 million people in the world are diagnosed with HIV/AIDS in 2016.
- Out of 8.7 Million species on earth, 2.2 million are believed to be living in water (oceans).
- Water is made of two elements Oxygen and Hydrogen. Its chemical formula is H2O.
General Science Facts For Students
- The IQ of Albert Eienstine was known to be nearly 164.
- The age of earth is approximately 4.5 Billion years (Source: Wikipedia)
- Roughly one-third of the food produced for humans in the world is wasted. Which is more than a billion tons.
- Earth is rotating at almost 1000 miles (1600 Km) per hour. We can’t feel it because we are also moving with it.
- The gluteus maximus is the largest muscle in the human body. Also, It is one of the strongest muscle in the human body.
- Light takes nearly 8 minutes and 11 seconds to reach earth from the sun.
- Cyanophobia is the fear of dogs. This includes a puppy to a big dog.
- In some circumstances, hot water freezes faster than cold water.
- The circumference of the earth is 40,075 Km or 24901.4 miles.
- The deadliest animals on the earth are MOSQUITOES. It is estimated that 700,000+ people die each year from mosquito-borne diseases.
- A lot of diseases are caused by houseflies.
- Antibiotics can kill bacteria, saving you from bacterial diseases but antibiotics can’t kill viruses.
- Antibiotic soaps can kill germs on your body.
- More than 30,000 diseases are known to man today.
- The average lifespan of the human is nearly 79 years.
- Moon gets 3.8 cm away from the earth each year.
You May Also Like: