In my previous posts, I shared some interesting and informative technology and science facts. Since many of you are looking for interesting computer facts, today I decided to share a list of interesting facts about the computer. Below is the list of 20 computer facts you may like.
- Doug Engelbart made world’s first computer mouse. He used wood to make it!
- China has the world’s fastest supercomputer. China introduced its supercomputer in 2016 in response to US supercomputer. Chinese supercomputer “Sunway TaihuLight” outperformed US supercomputer “Tianhe-2”.
- Windows 7 is the most popular operating system for PCs and Laptops.
- in 1936, Soviet Union (Russia) built a computer that runs on water.
- There is no computer better or complex than the human brain.
- On 15 February 1946, ENIAC became the world’s first digital computer. It weighs around 27,000 Kg.
- According to an estimate, more than 90% of currency is in digital form e.g:- Bitcoin and remaining 10% is in physical form.
- More than 50% of virus writers, works under an organization.
- Between 1980-1990, worlds first one GB hard drive was introduced with a price tag of $40K.
- World’s first hard disk drive could hold 5 megabytes (MB) of memory.
- It is well known that a Macintosh (Mac) computer was used to design Bill Gates’ house.
- You blink less when you are using your computer, especially when watching videos on YouTube.
- More than a thousand PC viruses are released every month.
- If there would be a computer as powerful and complex as human’s brain then it would be able to store more then a million GB data.
- “TYPEWRITER” is known as the longest word that one can type from the first row of QWERTY keyboard.
- 20-20-20 rule is a rule recommended to computer operators by the doctors. It stands for “Every 20 minutes, take a 20 seconds break and focus on something at least 20 feets away from you”. This can help reduce the effects of PC/Computer on eyes.
- I LOVE YOU is a well-known computer virus in the history. Also, It’s known as the most dangerous computer virus in history.
- According to Statista, Apple sold more than 19 million Macintosh (Mac) computers.
- In 2016, Seagate has made 60TB SSD, world’s largest hard drive. This hard drive leads Samsung’s 15 GB hard drive. You can expect it to be released in 2017-2018.
- Bill Hewlett and David Packard (Founders of HP) tossed a coin to decide whether their company be called Hewlett-Packard or Packard-Hewlett.
You May Also Like :
If you found the above computer facts interesting, please share it with others.