Computer facts: 20 Amazing facts about computer

computer facts

In my previous posts, I shared some interesting and informative technology and science facts. Since many of you are looking for interesting computer facts, today I decided to share a list of interesting facts about the computer. Below is the list of 20 computer facts you may like.

Computer Facts

  1. Doug Engelbart made world’s first computer mouse. He used wood to make it!supercomputer
  2. China has the world’s fastest supercomputer. China introduced its supercomputer in 2016 in response to US supercomputer. Chinese supercomputer “Sunway TaihuLight” outperformed US supercomputer “Tianhe-2”.
  3. Windows 7 is the most popular operating system for PCs and Laptops.
  4. in 1936, Soviet Union (Russia) built a computer that runs on water.
  5. There is no computer better or complex than the human brain.
  6. On 15 February 1946, ENIAC became the world’s first digital computer. It weighs around 27,000 Kg.
  7. According to an estimate, more than 90% of currency is in digital form e.g:- Bitcoin and remaining 10% is in physical form.
  8. More than 50% of virus writers, works under an organization.
  9. Between 1980-1990, worlds first one GB hard drive was introduced with a price tag of $40K.
  10. World’s first hard disk drive could hold 5 megabytes (MB) of memory.
  11. It is well known that a Macintosh (Mac) computer was used to design Bill Gates’ house.
  12. You blink less when you are using your computer, especially when watching videos on YouTube.
  13. More than a thousand PC viruses are released every month.
  14. If there would be a computer as powerful and complex as human’s brain then it would be able to store more then a million GB data.
  15. “TYPEWRITER” is known as the longest word that one can type from the first row of QWERTY keyboard.
  16. 20-20-20 rule is a rule recommended to computer operators by the doctors. It stands for “Every 20 minutes, take a 20 seconds break and focus on something at least 20 feets away from you”. This can help reduce the effects of PC/Computer on eyes.
  17. I LOVE YOU is a well-known computer virus in the history. Also, It’s known as the most dangerous computer virus in history.
  18. According to Statista, Apple sold more than 19 million Macintosh (Mac) computers.
  19. In 2016, Seagate has made 60TB SSD, world’s largest hard drive. This hard drive leads Samsung’s 15 GB hard drive. You can expect it to be released in 2017-2018.
  20.  Bill Hewlett and David Packard (Founders of HP) tossed a coin to decide whether their company be called Hewlett-Packard or Packard-Hewlett.

You May Also Like : 

10+ Informative websites to increase your knowledge

35+ Fun and Interesting Technology Facts

WhatsApp bot and Chatbots: Building, integrating & Mind blowing uses

If you found the above computer facts interesting, please share it with others.

Be the first to comment on "Computer facts: 20 Amazing facts about computer"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


2 × two =