The tech industry is advancing and new technologies are emerging each year. Today, I’ve compiled a list of forty plus amazing technology facts you may enjoy learning. Have fun learning these weird but cool facts.
This 3.5 minutes video below shows some new technologies including flying cars that you may not know about. Enjoy watching it!
1) Computer Technology Facts
- China has the world fastest supercomputer named Sunway TaihuLight. China introduced it in the response of US computer Tianhe-2. It outperformed Tianhe-2.
- Doug Engelbart created the world’s first computer mouse. He created it with wood!
- In 1936, Russia built a computer that runs on water.
- World’s first well-known web browser was Mosaic which released in 1993.
- Bill Hewlett and David Packard (Founders of HP) tossed a coin to decide whether their company be called Hewlett-Packard or Packard-Hewlett.
- In 2016, Seagate made a 60TB SSD. This hard drive leads Samsung’s 15 TB hard drive.
- According to Statista, Apple sold more than 19 million Macintosh (Mac) computers.
- World’s first hard disk drive could hold 5 megabytes (MB) of memory.
- More than 50% of virus writers, works under an organization.
- I LOVE YOU is a well-known computer virus in the history. Also, It’s known as the most dangerous computer virus ever.
- Windows 7 is the most popular operating system for PCs and Laptops.
- If there would be a computer as powerful and complex as human’s brain then it would be able to store more then a million GB data.
You May Also Like:
2) Internet Technology Facts
- Seven people have the key to restart the internet. If these keys are used together from a secure location, can be used to restart the World Wide Web (WWW).
- The word CAPTCHA stands for “Completely Automated Public Turning test to tell Computers and Humans Apart”
- The first domain name was “Symbolic.com”
- Almost 5 billion videos are watched every day on YouTube.
- Almost 300 hours of videos are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- Every second there is a transaction of almost $680 on eBay.
- The first internet service provider (ISP) was CompuServe.
- Google hired a camel to create the street view in the desert.
- Google performs almost 1 Billion searches per day releasing 200 tons of CO2.
- Ethen Zukerman, inventor of Popunder ads has apologized to the world for inventing worlds’ most hated advertising type.
- More than 90-92%% of the money in the world is in digital form e.g:- Bitcoin and the rest 8-10% is physical.
- Google Head Quarter rent goats from California to mow their lawns. Google’s employees are happier to see cute goats mowing the lawn then the lawn mower!
- The UN declared the internet a basic human right.
- Email is older than the World Wide Web (WWW).
- Amazon was formally known as cadabra.com.
- Domain name registration was free till 1995.
Other Tech Facts
- In 2010, Laszlo Hanyecz bought two pizzas with 10,000 bitcoins. Now these 10K bitcoins worth $2 Million!
- If you want to take your photo from the world’s first camera then you’ll need to stay still for at least 8 hours.
- Apple is the most valuable company in the world! According to CNN Apple is worth $900 billion.
- In 1999, PayPal was voted as one of the worst business ideas.
- Microsoft is trying to create its data center undersea to save cooling cost. While Google and Facebook are moving there data center to cold areas.
- Out of 7.2 billion population of earth, only 3.2 billion people use the internet.
- Facebook is blue, because of the founder of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg is color blind. He can’t see green and red.
- You blink less when online especially when watching YouTube videos.
- The word “robot” came from “robota” which means “forced labor”.
- If you can find a bug on Facebook and report it to FB team then Facebook will pay you at least $500.
- The average age of a gamer is 30 in America.
- Scientists can now store and retrieve data in DNA.
- The first alarm clock can only ring at 4 O’ clock in the morning.
- Flying cars really exist! China has given a boost to flying car production.
- Nokia’s primary business was manufacturing papers.
- Bill Gates, founder of tech giant company “Microsoft” is a college dropout.
You may also like :
I hope you enjoyed reading my list. It will be a pleasure for me if you consider sharing these interesting and fun technology facts with your friends on your favorite social media!